The town of Round Rock is home to a piece of history that dates back centuries ago. Located near the banks on Brushy Creek, this small community was founded when settlers found an advantageous rock between two significant waterways – known as “Round Rock.” The low-water crossing made it easy for wagons and horses to travel across the country with their cattle; however, today’s travellers can enjoy seeing what makes us unique.
The story of Brushy Creek holds our local history close to heart. Take a once in a lifetime historical journey back in time with this small community, founded on the banks near an 1851 large round rock located at its center. The Round Rock marked convenient low-water crossing for wagons, horses and cattle during difficult times when rivers were flooded every year due too rainfall or agriculture practices such as lingual irrigation. Located just off Chisholm Trail Street – named after Native American trail generally followed from Fort Belknap eastward through San Antonio towards Louisiana–Brushies creek has been integral throughout.
The community that grew up around the large round rock in Brushy Creek became an essential stop for wagons, horses and cattle. This landmark marked a low-water crossing because it made navigation easy to find during wet periods when water levels were highest. The small town developed near where there are now two bridges; one over dry ground preserved as part historical site, while another spans deeper waters with modern amenities like gas powered boats available rentals.
The first postmaster called this community Brushy Creek, but in 1854 they changed its name to Round Rock. The “round rock” is located near Chisholm Trail Street and surrounded by water on all sides-a perfect place for settling down. The large rock that once marked the divide between two worlds is now just another piece of history, but it still has something special. In those days before, concrete bridges were built across Brushy Creek and Stagecoach Road for their cattle drives or mail routes through this part of Texas’ expansive open land. Travellers would stop at his resting place on their journeys westward into Mexico – where he sat waiting patiently every time someone passed by looking like they could use an escort over unstable terrain.
The wagon wheel tracks can still be seen in the exposed rock between 2 Chisholm Trail and Brushy Creek, probably carved by wagon trains carrying stone from a nearby quarry. It’s said that this route was once known as Old Stagecoach Road; according to local legend, it served as a stop for coaches coming into town with their goods or passengers heading out on these journeys westward or back.
Home Run Dugout
Greater Austin Roofers of Round Rock